Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Alice And Wonderland Wedding Colors

meetings of SSZ and tour dates

Monday, September 20, 2010

First, I have just a lot of new appointments to my 2010 World Domination Tour added.

Second: If you are in or near Oakland, I hereby give you the command to my book-signing and my lecture this evening in Diesel Books to come by 19 clock.

Third: As some of you have noted, there is my Tassajara lectures online. Here you can find them:

OMG: Dogen's Concept of God [Dogen's concept of God]

Understanding the Shobogenzo [To understand the Shobogenzo]

Fourth : There are some very nice conversations and excerpts from my new book SIN SEX AND ZEN online. Here you can find them:

meeting of Violet Blue at the SF Appeal site

meeting on Full Contact Enlightenment

meeting on Pop Matters

meeting on Wandering Dhamma

meeting on Wild Fox Zen

meeting on Cheerio Road

meeting on Metal Buddha

excerpt on Reality Sandwich

There are certainly more that I know nothing. My publishers, they said the blogosphere had never been seen in uproar over a book. Cool!

Five: Back to the new tour dates. Please note the dates fixed for my trip to New York City. They are as follows:

15th October lecture and sign books at the Interdependence Project .

16th and 17 October, two days Zen_ Retreat without accommodation at the Interdependence Project

It would probably be a good idea to register early for this.

Enough of subliminal advertising, I can tell you interesting?

far it's really interesting for the new book to promote. After leaving the solitude of the Tassajara I find myself fully in the process of "returning to the marketplace" as the old Zen Sutra says. I meet people out there and I interviewed them and sell the book and myself how to do it that way.

This is really the first book of its kind I constantly tell other people it was one of those ideas that you sometimes get where you say, "Oh, someone has certainly done it." But I realized when I investigates that no one has done. There have been some good books about how Buddhists in ancient India, China and Japan handled sex. But there was not much about how Buddhists today in the West to deal with sex. Although I was not the best thing would be to write this book, someone had to do it and I did. At least the first one. Should it sell, we will certainly see how a whole genre of imitation appears. Some are almost certainly likely to be better or at least areas of Buddhist sexual experience light are unknown to me or I'm not able to articulate.

It is an important topic of discussion is because we are modern Buddhist practitioner just any old Indian, Tibetan, Chinese or Japanese. Even those of us coming from those countries now live in a completely different world than that of the old masters. Even if we claim that their treatment of sexuality was better than ours, we can never live in their world. So what can we do?

That is the question which asks me still. How can I keep the vow not to misuse sexuality upright when I as a non-celibate Buddhist monk in America of the 21st Century living? Some say now, they feel it so much that I break this vow. Through my writing for the Suicide Girls site, or the fact that I took in my relationship to the way I relate to my previous book, Zen Wrapped in Karma Dipped in Chocolate have described. I think not. And besides, you'll have read about my life, even if you every word that I write about it. The gel öbnis revolves around you, not me.

Anyway, I think that some of us ask these questions. I do not claim to have the answers. However, I have spoken to many who have made their own tentative progress to answer these questions and have had some ideas about it.

One thing about the book already quite perplexed is that the responses from the I get to the right-liberal views that I'm taking with respect to non-traditional forms of sexuality. I'm trying to be as open as possible for the ways that people today manage their sex lives. I suspect that some expected from a Buddhist monk, a more closed attitude to different topics. Although I'm not really conform with all the crazy stuff on which the youth leaves today, I would like to condemn anyone's lifestyle without reflection.

There you have it. Just a quick look at a few things going through my head while I start the book to apply. Now I must go .

I leave you with a scan of a page that a new edition of the book American Hardcore: A Tribal History added was (I think the link sends you to an older version of the book which does not refer to 0DFx, so make ask you before ordering). Look who has finally mentioned there! Ih can r us on 25 September in Kent Stage in Kent, Ohio see!

later!

0 comments:

Post a Comment