Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pinewood Derby Car What Tools To Carve

Tour Update and Zen Buddhism in the military

Sunday, October 3, 2010


I have just my
Never Ending Tour page updated. looks at you a few highlights as follows:

NEW YORK, NY

15th October 2010 (Fri) 19 clock - lecture and sign books in the Interdependence Project 302 3rd Stock (middle ring) New York, NY, 10012

16.-17. October 2010 (Sat - Sun) - Zazen Retreat without accommodation in the Interdependence Project 302 3rd Floor (middle ring) New York, NY, 10012


MONTREAL, QC [Quebec, Canada]

26th October 2010 (Tue) - 12 clock Lunch at Allen Memorial Hospital (McGill University)

26th October 2010 (Tue) - 7 Casa Del Popolo clock boul 4873rd St. Laurent Montreal, QC

SAN FRANCISCO, California

7.-9. November 2010 Dogen translation project in the San Francisco Zen Center

LOS ANGELES, California

10th November 2010 (Wed) 19 clock - Against The Stream 4300 Melrose Ave. Los Angeles, CA

VENTURA, California

12. November 2010 (Fri) 19 Clock - An Lac Buddhist Temple 901 S. Saticoy Avenue, Ventura, CA 93004th

LOS ANGELES, California

14th November 2010 (Sun) 19 Clock -. Bodhi Tree Bookstore 8585 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA

I've told you! Now there is no excuse to miss one of these events!

I am looking for a few nights in upstate New York to Spencertown to be exact. I'm not really sure where I'm right. The navigation system has me here tutored her, just as the star of these three Kings has piloted a long time ago. Next stop Montreal, Canada where I refer camp for the next 4-6 weeks (side trip from there are shown above).

I really have to do something else to eat I'm starving.


here an email to which I have just answered

I am an officer in the military and somewhat at a crossroads in my career. I was in the fighting forces when I was younger - I'm left to complete this 'fight for your country' stuff. Now it offers me for fighting Force and return to lead fighting soldiers.

Somewhere in all this, I discovered Zen and the "right livelihood" thing worries me. I understand that there are no binding rules and that anyone even his personal situation has to fathom. I also had "to have no life," an understanding of the cause-and gained for himself and not as any bid. I want to reduce suffering and no cause. I do not want to hurt people. However, I know that things in the real world are never that simple and that there are many good things you can do the soldiers in they protect the people physically, which can not protect themselves. It is a difficult dilemma. In terms of violent human conflict, I see little realistic solutions. Decide you do this to protect people, you have to kill people. If you decide to keep you out of there, the people you wanted to die might protect them. If lay down all their weapons - well, that would be great, but realistically it will not happen. So where is the solution?


MY ANSWER (for whatever it likes are good):

You're right. It is a dilemma.

The military is necessary, there is no doubt about it. Who's ever argued otherwise simply blinded and over-idealistic. As it is, real people have to serve in the military and must be trained to kill if necessary.

If you do something that is a social necessity, the right livelihood. to serve in the military is right livelihood. Absolutely.

Most of us would agree that it would be great if there would be no need for military when the whole world would be stable and at peace and that peace would not have to be defended by deadly violence. But since we currently are not. Peace must be defended by people who are trained those who would destroy him to kill. I'm sorry. But as things are.

I wish this were not true and I can do as much as I want, but it will be not be so.

The way to change things is to take the real situation and to improve it. When Buddhist teachers tell the people of military service was no right livelihood they face the day in the way of true peace will prevail in the. The more people in the military to practice Zen meditation, or any better.

I am glad that there are people like you are in the military. I wish it were more.

As for the moment in which you kill someone to have to protect someone else, that's too abstract for me as I could tell something useful to do so. I think at this moment you know if you pull the trigger or not. Your practice will help to clarify this.




0 comments:

Post a Comment