Tuesday, December 21, 2010

How Many Ww Points For Kettle Corn

Bodhitag? Schmodietag!

Thursday 09 December 2010

One of the favorite bands of American Hardcore -author Steven Bush Zero Defex from Akron, Ohio! click on the sentence to read what he has to say!

I also have now a f RENCH author page . So go and look at you when you French or Canadian or Ghanaian or whatever else you're always a-ere where they speak French.

is also part two of my interview of Dr. Dick's Sexberatung now online. So you will let you go listen.

Yesterday I am on the 30th Anniversary of John Lennon's death went to the John Lennon memorial in Central Park. I have not included this video. But it is a visual report about what I experienced there (you have no idea how damn cold it was):


I think I'm some taken hours after that of this video has arrived there, but it was basically the same scene. And I'm just stayed for about as long as this video is running. I think three or four songs I've heard. I could see the musicians as little as one who has taken on this video. I think they were somewhere in the middle of the circle. There was a trumpet player who is entered with from the moment I got there. I have no idea how anyone could play guitar in the cold. Then again it was freezing cold when the Beatles played on the roof of the Apple offices, their last concert (which for the film Let It Be). written

When I do something on Facebook have, some people were surprised about the fact that I would write something about John Lennon's death rather than to Bodhitag, the supposed day of Buddha's enlightenment, which is also on 8 Decemeber is committed. has

Bodhitag But I never meant so much. None of the teachers with whom I have ever sat a big deal made of it or Rohatsu Sesshins held that the common practice in many Zen centers around this season. Nishijima Roshi was always a bit grumpy about everything that was even a little ceremonious or superstitious. I think that it was the idea of a special Sesshin in one day to the Buddha probably did not really enlightened pretty ridiculous occurred.

I do not think it particularly important. Sometimes you get an arbitrary date out for a cause and a Sesshin around 8 December is as good as any other day. So why not? I plan on a Rohatsu Sesshin here this weekend to participate in New York.

But I tend to share Gudo Nishijima's attitude to which certain days as "holy" to see than others. I mean, I love Christmas even though I am not a Christian. But it is not more or less sacred than any other day.

The idea of such things as einn Christmas truce in the war has always puzzled me. I mean if a cease-fire on 25 may have December, why not stop shooting each other with the same all over? Makes no sense to me.

I sit zazen every day except any really tough circumstances prevent it. That's the most essential part of Buddhist practice. aufzusparen All your zazen for a Sesshin early December is for me just as much sense as a fire break at Christmas. It is about the same setting, actually. Of course, it is a less violent expression of this attitude. But it comes pretty much from the same direction.


0 comments:

Post a Comment