Thursday, December 2, 2010

Television Prices After Superbowl

Happy Thanksgiving America and Zen, which is not named Zen


Wednesday 24 November 2010


First: The Suicide Girls radio interview I've made is now online. Enjoy it on you, here you go by:

http://blip.tv/file/4402557

I think it is better with increasing time, so jumps quietly a bit backwards.

Next: My good friend Marrrrrrkus from Finland (home of delicious Pippari) told me a couple of articles about me that I had not seen before:

The Brad Warner Paradox [The Brad Warner's paradox]

Brad Warner Vs. The Dalai Lama [Brad Warner against the Dalai Lama]

I do not even know what "Brad Warner against the Dalai Lama" has anything to do with me, apart from the opening quotation times. It is mostly a discussion about God.

Then there is a nice review of my book in the Elephant Journal . The new book is, of course Sex, Sin, and Zen: A Buddhist Exploration of Sex from Celibacy to polyamory and Everything in Between . It is selling like sliced bread here in New York City. I wish it would sell like books ...

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and then my sister is on the way to New York City, so we can watch Macy's Parade. Yikes! This is my second Thanksgiving this year because I was in Canada last month when she celebrated it there. I think up there, they add the word "Thanksgiving" a "u" to, but I'm not sure.

A guy asked me the other day after what he called the "Microsoft-ization" of Zen. I'm not sure why he used that term. He said the way in which people out there peddling the products in the core Zen, but they do not call it "Zen". They carefully avoid to use words like "Buddhism" or "Dharma", even though they have most of their scam from Zenbüchern. Sometimes directly from my Zenbüchern.

I have also noticed and it bothers me. I am very well aware that the use of words such as "Zen", "Buddhism" will reduce or "Dharma" your potential audience at least by half. Shit, when I go to these sites here bring the slightest mention of Dogen, I get half a dozen comments, I would only be the "Doge's cult spread, instead of" true Buddhism. " I will try to raise this issue at another time.

But peddling all these guys out the Zen, but do not call it Zen, why should I interfere with that? It bothers me because they want to believe in a can, could you just decide, "more in the moment" to live in and it happened. Or they offer a new miracle method up the "fast, easy and effective," there does (which literally is a statement of such a method which I have just come across which). These methods do not work of course. Although they could perhaps bring some short-term thrills.

It is as if you'll wake up one morning and find that you're fat. Not only will you thou clear that your entire company consists almost entirely of people who have at least 100 pounds overweight and that every service, every conversation, every profession, etc. in the whole of society is only there to make fat people fatter . You could make up your mind in such a society not just do not fat to be. You'd have to spend a lot of time, perseverance and energy, only to find out how you can lose. Your senses may be dulled by your environment that you'd be unable to get someone to see at a healthy weight. Your friends would call such a person sick as serious.

methods of the variety Big Mind ® seem to me like the plain cake diet of this fictional society. Some wobbly type tells you the best way to achieve a healthy weight, eat as much cake as possible, because all you really want are not 100 pounds overweight, but 150 or 200 pounds to weigh more than now.

Anyway, yes, this whole idea to steal from Zen, allowing it to understand and to hide the source of your inspiration then, because it may discourage paying customers annoys me. And I admit, one of the reasons is that I do not own and can make so much less money than people can do it. It would feel too insincere. Which minor insights whatsoever I have, this I have gained through Zen practice. If I denied it, I would cheat.

Anyway, I think many people do not have any insights. Yesterday I received an email in which there was, "You think only of yourself and have no wisdom to offer, "Oh, thank you. That's nice.

OK. So whatever.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, America! I see you at the parade!


0 comments:

Post a Comment