Friday, November 19, 2010

What Do They Call A Brazilian In Brazil

Web


Wednesday 03 November 2010


coming Saturday 06 November by 16 clock PST [= Pacific Standard Time, ie, the time zone of the U.S. West Coast] I will give a lecture at the Zen Translation Forum [Zen translation board] of the San Francisco Zen Center as part of a program entitled "Dogen: Lost and Found in Translation "[literally" Dogen: Lost and Found in Translation ", alluding to" Lost in Translation ", the title of a Film]. The program will be broadcast live on the web starting at 14 PST clock with an introduction by Steve Stuckey, abbot of the San Francisco Zen Center.

The URL for the live broadcast is http://www.livestream.com/sfzc . The live stream will also include presentations led by Mel Weitmann, abbot of Berkeley Zen Center and a panel discussion by Steven Heine William Bodiford, Taiger Dan Leighton and Susan Moon. It will continue to be presentations by Fred Bossevain, Gaelyn Godwin from the Houston Zen Center, Chozen and Hogen Bays, and a live auction of calligraphy Kazuaki Tanahashi.

It should be fun. My presentation is entitled "Dogen for punks." It should stand out from all the serious, erudite stuff like a sore thumb.

you will all try to answer questions from the online audience to open. So try your luck if you come by and watch. My presentation will be fairly brief, so I recommend you send in your comments in time.

After San Francisco I drive south to Los Angeles where I have a bus load of gigs.

9 . November 2010 (Tue) 19 clock - Hill Street Center 237 Hill St., Santa Monica, CA 90 405

• 10 November 2010 (Wed) 7 clock (yes, the 7 clock is the morning!) Dharma Zen Center 1025 S Cloverdale Ave Los Angeles, CA 90019-6733

10th November 2010 (Wed) 19:30 clock - Against The Stream 4300 Melrose Ave. Los Angeles, CA

12th November 2010 (Fri) - 19 clock - An Lac Buddhist Temple 901 S. Saticoy Avenue, Ventura, CA 93004th $ 2 donation.

14th November 2010 (Sun) 19 Clock -. Bodhi Tree Bookstore 8585 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA


Now that you're know there is no excuse to miss one!

***

Often when I speak to an audience of Zen, which consists mostly of people that know nothing about Zen, I have to deal with me for a deep-seated misunderstandings Zen. Just last week I gave a lecture in which I have not once mentioned the concept of non-attachment. When I started to have questions answered said a type "You talk about lack of commitment and I do not agree that people should try to be aloof and independent with no personal relationships. I think personal relationships, even sexual in nature, can be very beneficial to be the things everyone needs, etc., etc. "If

do you know my opinion on this topic, I have the one chapter of my new book Sex, Sin, and Zen: Dedicated A Buddhist Exploration of Sex from Celibacy to polyamory and Everything in Between . But each of you has read something of what I wrote certainly know that I do not sit around here and just try to persuade their people to give up all personal relationships. And you should only the Amazon description of my book read, you know for sure that I tell people not to give up sex!

The point I am trying to set them is that although I have not said anything about a distant, to have detached attitude, had heard this type of probably a few things about Zen, assuming that it is all about Ungebundensein and permanently with me after what he perceived supposedly in my speech more deeply. Although the subject came up, he never heard what it all came to me through this filter.

It's interesting how that happens and it will probably be my life's work all the misconceptions about the Zen practice I meet to unravel. Especially the days I come across a book in which he said "Certainly, Buddha was right, that love is the source of pain and misery, suffering and despair is. He also teaches that life and love would be worth the trouble. " Au grief!

Not that I would be the Super Smart would know of all the alpha and omega of Zen. But some of the misconceptions out there are so huge and deep! Occasionally, these misconceptions lead people to even believe they could achieve enlightenment in one hour ...

There is a song about it:

All Is One


You see! I even knew how to time a drum machine programmed!

Just a few observations for the moment. See you this weekend on the internet!


0 comments:

Post a Comment