Friday, November 26, 2010

Horse Lice Egg Removal

border


Sunday 21 November 2010


Let me tell you about my latest adventures. Last Thursday I had stuffed a PT Cruiser-load stuff into my car and crossed the border from Quebec, Canada, to New York, USA. I had this limit has crossed twice during my stay in Montreal as I had a few gigs in New York. Since it was pupseinfach. Even with a truckload of stuff I waved the Canadian border officials through. So I was expecting anything special when I returned to the land that now time is better or worse, my home country.

But when I am DMZ [DeMilitarized Zone - demilitarized zone] arrived, which separates the People's Republic of Canada by the United Empire of America, I found out quickly that this should not be the case. I was selected for a secondary verification. That means I had to get out of my car, my keys border-handed Gestapo and put me in an interrogation room can. There I had my pockets empty and the food stülpen to the outside, there was the small piece of cheese, I had received from a friend cut open to check whether there were drugs there, I have been many questions asked as I have my living contest etc . Look, folks, I am a U.S. citizen. Even if I was a vagabond without any income, you could tell me not to return to Canada. I think they were a little confused how this stuff works all the border controls.

I've taken it all with humor. What can be as else to do? But it was annoying and was not even a little bit of sense. What you smuggle one of Canada? Seriously. There is not even any drugs in Quebec to buy, of which one could not get in New York, and I'm sure they are also cheaper. In the U.S., everything is cheaper than in Canada. And which one has heard of this nonsense because of the bombers of the 11th September came through Canada into the country? That is not true .

Pah. After that I made it to Brooklyn, where I found to my great surprise, a car park just around the corner of the front door of my house. That was Thursday night and parking on the street is prohibited for cleaning Friday morning from 9.30-11.00 clock. But I was not worried because I had parked ever been to Brooklyn and it was no big deal.

What I did not know was that this week about four blocks of my neighborhood streets and sidewalks will be re-made which meant that parking was much more difficult. At 9 clock on Friday morning I drove off to find a parking space. It took well over an hour, and much of the Time went on it for it to cash a ticket from the New York police because I had allegedly violated "no right on red", which was clearly signposted said. Later, I came right back to that corner to find extra signs, which they claimed they were there. I have not seen any. Behind me they had stopped a line of three or four other cars, which were all punished for the same offense. They have not seen the alleged signs too. This is the New York equivalent of a southern radar trap. I'll look again, but I'm pretty sure that these signs - when it should really be - deliberately concealed were hearts to the sole purpose of a highly questionable source of money.

All this to move along with the usual stress that it brings and not a reliable source of income to have (do you think writers are rich? Think again about it.) And some other stress-causing incidents that I will not be published, led to a rather unfortunate Bradley.

During this time of deep pessimism and malaise, I started again about this "is not very Buddhist of you" stuff to think. I'm sure many people read this blog are familiar with it. I have also written an article in the March 2008 issue of Shambhala Sun (it is the issue with the Dalai Lama on the cover. wait, no! ).

This is when someone who is Buddhist by some things she will become confused and tell all your friends "That's not very Buddhist of you!".

I'll tell you what, friends and neighbors, without my constant practice, I would not through life . Create Forget all that stuff out of wide-open eyes and enlightenment. I would not even make it a damn day. This is one of a thousand million reasons why I have problems with these assholes, get rid of meditation as the path that turns a normal person in super-meditation-man, the guy who never his hairstyle (or lack thereof) tousled gets no matter what storms life brings him.

Jaja. I know, I know. You've seen this guy! He's on YouTube! He has short videos in which he giggles and smiles and a really sugary soothing voice about speaks, how he found his way, as cool as a water ice to stay, no matter what. The guy is the real deal!

You know what? Go and run behind this guy if you like. purchase his magic potions. I do not care. Come not with your stomach pain to me if you have understood what a fraud it was. That's all I ask.

each capable actor can play this role for the ten minutes that YouTube allows you, or for an hour or two that he was on the stage , or for a single 15-minute conversation in which he rings the bell and sent away up if he is too tense. This is not even a particularly impressive trick. Real life, however, is quite different.

This is (again) one of the trillion, and two reasons why I am totally against this online Zen master stuff. It is so easy, the role of super-meditation-man in a Skype interview to play, where you can not see the chaos in the rooms of this type, which has just seen is not so in the camera (literally and meant in the figurative sense) where you do not get to see how your teacher behaves when he spent two hours on the motorway in a traffic jam stands, where you can not smell his garlic breath.

Baa

Anyway, last night I went out, ate Belgian fries in the East Village and everything was much better.


0 comments:

Post a Comment